Saturday, March 20, 2010

How my garden grows!

When we bought our house, one of the reasons we loved it so much was the landscaping. The lady who lived here before us landscaped it so there was something blooming all year long. But as the years passed and life got busier I realized I did not enjoy yardwork as much as I thought I would. Plus I don't seem to have much of a green thumb. My grandmother would actually plant artificial flowers in the dirt. I guess that's my horticulture inheritance. The Bible talks alot about planting and sowing seeds and gardens. This is my favorite promise : "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

Here is a great book to help you (and me) plant some of God's beautiful creation but without too much work. It's called "The Ever-Blooming flower garden" by Lee Schneller

Tip: Keep phyllo dough in the freezer and canned pie filling for a quick dessert.

Tip: Get cheap clay pots and paint them yourself. Use stencils

No comments:

Followers