Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Food and Teenagers

Now that my babies are teenagers they seem more on the go than I am. My son is constantly over at his nearby friends house regularly. They have what they call a "shed" (which must have taken over the former treehouses of my day). It is a place they "hang out". They made it themselves. Ok, what does this have to do with food? Well, if you're like me, I miss him now that he is gone so much with his friends. But I have found that food is the key to bringing them all over here (if you want them that is). So, I've decided to always leave my kitchen open to them. I plan to cook enough food for an army. And if they decide not to eat, well, I freeze it and have food when I don't feel like cooking. So really it's a win, win for me. Here's a few ideas of things to keep on hand for those hungry teens.

1. Hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs
2. Most love pasta dishes
3. Homemade (or pillsbury) cookie dough
4. Boxed cakes and mixes
5. Being creative. Things they probably don't get at home very much. Mine went crazy over country fried steak, mashed taters, and green beans. (although it did take some time to make)

No comments:

Followers