I've always loved the book of Ecclesiastes. Some think it's depressing. I wouldn't call it that. I would just call it true. It is a picture of life. How everything seems "meaningless". How life is not fair. How life is monotonous. Solomon asked God for wisdom. And he got it (along with power and riches which he didn't ask for)! And in what seems like a "woe is life" book there are tidbits in it like "We should rejoice in or works"; "We should eat, drink and be merry", "Enjoy your days of youthfulness". And in conclusion of a man that understood LIFE he says this: "In conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." My conclusion of Ecclesiastes is this: Enjoy the life that God has given you; do what is right is God's eyes; Don't take things for granted; Remember that He is God and you are man.
A FEW IDEAS TO ENJOY LIFE
1. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS EVERY MORNING AND THANK GOD FOR THEM ALL!
2. MAKE A CUP OF COFFEE AND SIT OUTSIDE IN THE MORNING WHILE THE SUN IS COMING UP AND THE BIRDS ARE SINGING.
3. FIND YOUR CALLING (i know that's not easy but look at your gifts, talents and abilities and start there)
4. FIND SOMETHING YOU ENJOY DOING AND DO IT!!!!!
5. GIVE LOTS OF HUGS SO YOU CAN GET SOME BACK!
6. FIND A DAY AND DECIDE TO ENJOY ALL THE SIMPLY THINGS IN LIFE!
The Umpteenth Time
1 week ago