Thursday, July 8, 2010

MY HAPPY THINGS!

*Phillipians 4:8 msg says: "You'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious -- the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse." There is enough negatives in all our lives to meditate on, to watch, to listen to. It is in abundance. It comes to easy. The hard part is forcing ourselves to replace the negative with the positive. I like to call it "To Replace". Take inventory of all things negative that surround you, that you allow, and replace it with the positive. I know watching too much news can cause me to fear so I'll replace that by reading God's word. I listen to my kids scream and whine. Replace it with time spent outside in the garden. When you have a negative thought like, "I can't do this." Replace that thought with "I only fail when I quit."


Here are a few of my recommendations of positive things to listen to and things to watch. I call them my Happy Music and Shows!


Happy Music: Jim Brickman, Chris Rice, Classical (especially when it's raining), Disney soundtracks (Come on, you know you love them!), music of the '50s, Elvis, Christian music





Happy Television: Everybody Loves Raymond, According to Jim, King of Queens, I love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show







Happy Movies: Anything that ends in: "And they lived happily ever after". My fave is EverAfter, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Father of the Bride,

















1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I so agree! Praise music can lead us to tears, but it can also lift us up. I love your attitude; keep up the good work.

Followers