Friday, April 16, 2010

LOOK UP!

A couple of weeks ago we all went to the cellular phone store. If you have ever went to a cellular phone store, you know that you could be there for a very long time. Anyway, I decided to avoid the stress and wait in the car. I laid down in the backseat and decided to try and take a nap. As I did, I looked up at the sky. I looked at the bright sunshine. I watched the billowy white clouds floating ever so slowly by (and yes I did try to find pictures in the clouds). And I realized something! I realized just how small I am! We go about our days most of the time looking back, looking ahead, looking side to side and looking down. But how often do we look up? Think about it. If we look up at the vastness of the sky and think about the greatness of the universe we should be humbled. There is no room for pride or arrogance when we remember that we are mortals, created by God. We have been put on this huge planet, set in a solar system, surrounded by the heavens. How can we boast? How can we think that we are powerful? How can we do anything but fear God, humble ourselves, and be in awe of Him who has all the power. Look up daily and be humbled!

*Some ways to save time cooking in the kitchen:
-Crockpot
-Buy frozen meals a couple nights a week
-Make enough one night for leftovers the next and do this all week. You'll find you save money
this way too

No comments:

Followers